2006-08-18

sheridan, wyoming

I'm now in Sheridan, Wyoming. My experience is teaching me that I'd rather try to drive myself than with parental units, so I can make my own decisions on where to go and how to get there, and also how long to stay, or to chat with a local or two. But still, once in a while, I will learn something new that I can use for my future solo trip. And, maybe with friends.

In one of those Yellowstone hot springs (they have many of them; apparently, Yellowstone is famous for more than just wildlife and being the first national park in the world), there was a visitor's center with a store inside. I impulsively decided to buy a bookmark, a sketch pad with a wolf drawing on the front, and a Hiker's Journal.

This is a better way of keeping track of where I'm going, by keeping it separate from a personal journal. For the Hiker's Journal, I can keep track of where I've hiked, like Angel Island, for example. I retroactivley added some of the places I've gone (in the last few months or so). With the sketch pad, I considered drawing, but I also think I can use it to list restaurants and places I went, as opposed to taking pictures of them, which I do so infrequently (out of forgetfulness) that it's not worth bothering.

There's a place in Cody, Wyoming, where The Beta Coffeehouse is fairly "left" because it had stickers saying "Friends don't let friends drink Starbucks" and a "Free Tibet" sticker that I saw.

In Sheridan, there's an expensive restaurant called The Empire Grill that I like.

I'm staying at Mill Inn, where there's free DSL and Wi-Fi for Internet connection, unlike some other inns in the past few days.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web luminus529.blogspot.com